Boiling Springs State Park in northwestern Oklahoma, contains approximately 826 acres on the north bank of the North Canadian River, and includes small seven-acre 'Shaul Lake.' This park is one of Oklahoma's original seven state park facilities, having been built by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) in the 1930's. In 1935, the area was purchased by the City of Woodward and leased to the State of Oklahoma. A Civilian Conservation Corps camp was established at the park, and many of the park facilities were built before the camp was closed in 1940. The park is named for one of several natural springs which occur within the park. At one time these springs had the appearance of 'boiling' as the sandy-bottomed spring was churned with the strong inflow of subsurface water. The spring nearest to the park office currently produces about 30 gallons of water per minute.